Monday 13 March 2017 was a huge day in the world of cruising, when Celebrity Cruises revealed Celebrity Edge; a totally new game-changing class of ship, and Oasis Travel’s Managing Director Sandra Corkin was one of the lucky ones who got the chance to be there to experience the thrill and excitement first-hand in Miami!
Its revolutionary design was revealed in a ‘never been done before’ life-size, 3D animation walk through at the company’s Innovation Lab.
You can watch Celebrity Cruise’s video of the reveal here. It gives a realistic taste of what you can expect from the new ship when it starts sailing around Caribbean islands in October 2018 (bookings are now being taken).
About the new ship, Sandra said; “Celebrity Edge is a real game changer and revolutionary on every level. She certainly is the ship that’s setting a new standard of luxury and innovation at sea. I now see why Celebrity Cruises says the way you cruise will never be the same again.”
The innovations are numerous but, to name a few, they include:
- The Magic Carpet – the world’s first cantilevered, floating platform on the starboard side of the ship reaches heights of 13 storeys above sea level and is the size of a tennis court. You can dine and drink over the open ocean as this spectacular space opens to several decks and transforms into a new venue depending on its position.
- The Edge Staterooms feature an Infinite Balcony – at the touch a button your entire living space becomes the veranda, letting you walk right out to the water’s edge. In-room automation technology also allows guests to control everything from lighting and curtains, to temperature and service!
- Two new Suite categories:
- The Iconic Suites are now the most luxurious and spacious in the fleet, offering the best views in the house, situated above the bridge for panoramic views. Outside you’ll also find a private hot tub and stylish furnishings.
- The Edge Villas – six 2-storey spacious luxury residences which are the first of their kind in the fleet offering split-level, indoor-outdoor splendour, complete with private terrace and plunge pool
- The Retreat is an exclusive space for Suite Class guests. The luxurious, private space comprises of indoor and outdoor areas, including: The Retreat Sun Deck with dedicated Pool Butlers; The Retreat Lounge with access to a concierge; and The Retreat Restaurant – Luminae.
- The Resort Deck, which includes the main pool area, the new Rooftop Garden (catch a movie at A Taste of Film; dance to a live band; or dine at the Rooftop Garden Grill), the Jogging Track, Private Cabanas, and the adults-only Solarium.
Celebrity Cruises Design Ambassador Nate Berkus said; “It’s not just another ship, it’s a statement about the future of travel. It’s the most refined ship at sea and was the first to be completely designed in 3D allowing every detail to be fine-tuned.”
Spring 2020 will see a sister ship, Celebrity Beyond follow Celebrity Edge. In late 2021 and 2022, third and fourth Celebrity Edge Class ships will respectively join the fleet.
Contact your nearest Oasis Travel office if this has whet your appetite for more details on Celebrity Edge